The day started with an odd bunch of complications. Alarm, shower, oral hygiene regemine...normal blind behaviors. I head into the closet to start fumbling through my clothes, when I step in a cold wet hairball...thanks Lola!
This was going to be the beginning of the end of my patience for the day. I clean up the cat's mess, and head back into the closet for a second look, just hoping an outfit will jump out at me begging to be worn. I think I actually stood there staring, stark naked, zoned out for 5 minutes...contemplating my every combination...trying to remember what fits my fat (after Easter candy) ass. This comes complete with self-loathing and regret. Why did I skip the gym last night, why did I buy that last bag of Robin's Eggs, etc.? I go hunting around in the laundry room for more options, and finally settle on a tried and true gray skirt and black sweater. I look like a funeral attendee but it's not a scary fashion statement, so I will be fine.
So with skirts I happen to be completely aware of the condition of my kankle, thanks again oblivious drivers who hits cyclists, and I begin my ritual of heat and massaging down the swelling. Last thing to do is put some stockings on and head out the door, easier said than done. With all of my weight gain, yeah it probably only equals 5 lbs, but annoying all the same, the stockings are tight and twisted. I am fucking with them to no end, and before I know it I have put my fingernail right through them, FRICK!
Off to the grocery store to purchase new stockings, caffeinate, and chat with the coffee ladies. A random woman did tell me I looked like I was dressed for an interview, not quite as depressing as a funeral, so I will take that as a compliment...but she also said I was covered in dog fur!
Since I didn't get off to a good start I knew I needed to plan what healthy options I had for lunch. Oldschool Pizzeria does a great house salad on the cheap, and a single slice wouldn't set me too far back in calories or funds. It was the perfect meal.
From there I popped in at Dumpster Values to look for a dress or skirt for Courtney's wedding. I did manage to find a cute black skirt with a nice asymmetrical, organic, floral pattern in white stitching. It fits a little bit tight, so it should be perfect by June. I have a shirt that matches great, so now it's back to waiting for the plans to fall in line for the rest of the trip.
Courtney called and asked me about wedding photography this evening, and I hope I answered her questions thoroughly, and didn't seem to pressure her. I don't want her to feel obligated to have me do it, but at the same time I am going to do it anyway, so I would love to save her some money if I can.
This was going to be the beginning of the end of my patience for the day. I clean up the cat's mess, and head back into the closet for a second look, just hoping an outfit will jump out at me begging to be worn. I think I actually stood there staring, stark naked, zoned out for 5 minutes...contemplating my every combination...trying to remember what fits my fat (after Easter candy) ass. This comes complete with self-loathing and regret. Why did I skip the gym last night, why did I buy that last bag of Robin's Eggs, etc.? I go hunting around in the laundry room for more options, and finally settle on a tried and true gray skirt and black sweater. I look like a funeral attendee but it's not a scary fashion statement, so I will be fine.
So with skirts I happen to be completely aware of the condition of my kankle, thanks again oblivious drivers who hits cyclists, and I begin my ritual of heat and massaging down the swelling. Last thing to do is put some stockings on and head out the door, easier said than done. With all of my weight gain, yeah it probably only equals 5 lbs, but annoying all the same, the stockings are tight and twisted. I am fucking with them to no end, and before I know it I have put my fingernail right through them, FRICK!
Off to the grocery store to purchase new stockings, caffeinate, and chat with the coffee ladies. A random woman did tell me I looked like I was dressed for an interview, not quite as depressing as a funeral, so I will take that as a compliment...but she also said I was covered in dog fur!
Since I didn't get off to a good start I knew I needed to plan what healthy options I had for lunch. Oldschool Pizzeria does a great house salad on the cheap, and a single slice wouldn't set me too far back in calories or funds. It was the perfect meal.
From there I popped in at Dumpster Values to look for a dress or skirt for Courtney's wedding. I did manage to find a cute black skirt with a nice asymmetrical, organic, floral pattern in white stitching. It fits a little bit tight, so it should be perfect by June. I have a shirt that matches great, so now it's back to waiting for the plans to fall in line for the rest of the trip.
Courtney called and asked me about wedding photography this evening, and I hope I answered her questions thoroughly, and didn't seem to pressure her. I don't want her to feel obligated to have me do it, but at the same time I am going to do it anyway, so I would love to save her some money if I can.

Post a Comment