The following video has really been bothering me; when I originally heard about it I didn't expect to see anything so blatantly cold from US troops. Maybe I am just naive, and think that they only call peaceful Iraqis "bastards" or "fuckers" in Hollywood movies, but I appear to be wrong.
The video is kind of long, but very worth watching in it's entirety. There are several disturbing moments, that left me sick to my stomach, and I really think this video should be used in training troops doing this sort of work from a helicopter. What is most disturbing is that the military tried to cover up what happened. In cases like this, where we can learn from our mistakes, the very worst thing to do is pretend like it never happened!
So please see for yourself and give me your thoughts.
Many thanks to WikiLeaks for doing what you do! As a former employee of a company that I thought was doing some illegal activities and really pushing the envelope morally, I respect everyone who blows the whistle! I hope you can keep doing everything you do!
The video is kind of long, but very worth watching in it's entirety. There are several disturbing moments, that left me sick to my stomach, and I really think this video should be used in training troops doing this sort of work from a helicopter. What is most disturbing is that the military tried to cover up what happened. In cases like this, where we can learn from our mistakes, the very worst thing to do is pretend like it never happened!
So please see for yourself and give me your thoughts.
Many thanks to WikiLeaks for doing what you do! As a former employee of a company that I thought was doing some illegal activities and really pushing the envelope morally, I respect everyone who blows the whistle! I hope you can keep doing everything you do!

April 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Follow up discussion on Talk of the Nation on NPR
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125859197
...audio coming soon...
April 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=125859197&m=125859193